Old 11-04-2006, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
I Love Lucy

Default Plant Identification

"Devonshire" wrote in message
I found this plant growing in my yard today and
was wondering if anyone here could help identify
it...

http://www.electricgypsy.net/stuff/yard_weed.jpg

The leaves are grouped and look like those of a Cannabis
plant. After a little research I'm pretty sure it's not
Cannabis. This plant seems to be growing out instead
of up and is quite fuzzy. It's in North Carolina (Zone 7a).
Any ideas? Or even a good web site to help identify plants
and weeds? I know a pretty good site for trees but not plants.

Thanks!

I don't know what that is but used to have something very similar in my
yard. At one point, small, attractive yellow flowers bloomed on it.
People teased me about growing marijuana. It has been gone for some
years now, but I'm curious what it was, too. I don't remember mine
being "fuzzy".