Old 11-04-2006, 06:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Newbie Spring Start Up

"CanadianPonderŠ" wrote in message
*** How much "guck/particles" should I clean ?
I have this great pool vac that sucks dirt from the bottom but I am afraid
of sucking up the "good stuff" that is needed for a healthy pond balance.

We remove it ALL, hose the sides and suck it out with a shop-vac.

I am a firm believer that ponds eventually balance themselves and don't
need all these added chemicals.

I'm with you on this. Businesses are going to sell you as much as they can.
They want you money. Ever read a health website? They'll have you
convinced you're going to drop dead in days if you don't purchase all their
cell-salts, vitamin-mineral mixes, colloidal silver cures, parasite zappers,
colonic cleaning potions, herbs... :-)))

Especially when it comes to goldfish
which are a lot hardier than the tropical fish I keep in my aquarium.

--
Koi-Lo.... the ReelMcKoi
Frugal ponding since 1995.