Old 11-04-2006, 04:05 PM posted to austin.gardening
Suzie-Q

Default How short should I mow my lawn?

In article ,
"Mike Harris" wrote:

- "ceed" wrote in message
- newsp.s7ni8mrcqo6mj3@debob...
- Hi,
-
- I have moved to the warn Austin climate relatively recently so I do not
- have a lot of experience keeping a lawn here. My lawn has "normal grass".
- It looks like what most people around here have (sorry for not knowing
- more about this), not carpet grass or anything. I have been asking around
- a little as to how short to cut my grass and gotten all kinds of answers.
- So now I ask he How short should I mow? My lawn gets several hours of
- sun every day and I use a mulcing mower.
-
- Advice greatly appreciated.
-
- Ceed,
-
- I generally trim mine when I can't find my car. G

I have a dachshund. When she starts to disappear in the grass, I know
it's time to mow.

I agree: the taller the better. Raise your mower to its highest setting.
This keeps the weeds from getting any sun.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/