Old 11-04-2006, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default help!

"Potty Sarah" wrote in message

In amongst the pots that I have inherited I found a pot (at first glance
empty) with a label Titan Arum, there is what appears to be a corm? with
a small shoot growing. As for the other plants I typed the name into
google and came up with some shocking results - this is one that I
never want to flower!

Any one got a clue how to care for the leaf that should appear? Most
sites just give details about the magnificant flower, none about caring
for it.

Does anybody else know of anyone who has one?
Potty Sarah

I think the 'shoot' might actually be the flower spike.............it seems to
produce this before any leaves materialise.

If you really hate it, may I suggest you donate it to a local botanical garden?
Jenny