Old 11-04-2006, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ForeverArsenal

Default White fly

"ForeverArsenal" wrote in message
Hi
Often lurk on this group but seldom post but now need
a little help.

Hi to the group

Just like to thank all that replied to my *white fly * post.

Sorry taken a while to reply but was away from computer
for few days.
Don't really know what road to go down to try and control
them,as mentioned in original post I do have a few sticky
pads hanging in the g-house which do have a lot of white
fly attached from last year.Not to keen on them in case bee's
etc get stuck on them.

Like the idea of the biological controls with encarsia but with
a fairly small g-house it's quite expensive with the sprays and supply
of encarsia if it goes belly up and does not work out.

Other point of concern for me is the fact that they will fly off via
vents (3 auto roof vents 3 auto louvre vents) if open and the
louvre would be hard to cover with very fine netting,the
other point would be trying to keep temp with the vents
covered as it faces dead south and is very sheltered both sides
and back(attacted to house) I have huge probs now with temp
even on sunny but cool-ish days,gets to over 90 degs now
even with all vents and door open and on a really hot day can
have a barby Q in there with no barby so little concernded .

Will have to have a long think and decide as g-house is only
garden I've got really apart from tiny bit of lawn at the front of
house (north) and that stuck under huge ******** oak tree with
TPO .Maybe grow dope in g-house and go to Tesco's for the
toms,salad,peppers, etc ;-)

Many thanks to you all.

Barry.
If it ain't broke-don't fix it.