Old 12-04-2006, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Shredding & blowing peat moss on lawn?

Hi,

I am a home owner with a bad lawn not a professional. I have tried
using peat moss and it did work quiet well. I put down the peat moss
just spreading it around with a shovel. Then I sprinkled seed and some
fertilizer. Then plonked more peat moss on top.

I kept it watered using a ordinary hose and sprinkler on a timer.
Worked quite well.

I got my peat moss from home depot as well as the grass seed. I live in
New York and I did this last fall round about September time. Grass
came up in about 5 days.

The advantages of peat moss over top soil and other admenments I think
is easy of spreading it around.

As for a blower I have one of these as well. I did not use it to spread
the peat moss around though. The blower I have is a RedMax 8001. It is
a back pack blower. I suppose you could use it to blow stuff around,
but not quite sure how that would help?

Good luck with your lawn.

warmest regards, Mike.

Mama Bear wrote:
Someone was telling me that they can use a shredder-blower to shred
peat moss and spray a think layer of it all over your lawn after
putting down grass seed, then you water and it helps keep the
moisture in and start the seed so it doesn't dry out.

What do they call the blower that can do that and what do they
usually cost?

--
- Mama Bear