Old 11-04-2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Newbie Spring Start Up

"Peter Smith" wrote in message
A couple of questions:
The water is up around 57 degrees and I fed them a little bit.
I used the Tetra Pond verity blend.
How many sticks should I feed a 5 inch koi?
How many times a day?
What time is best?

I don't use those sticks so can't say. I stand there and toss food in until
I can see they have all they want. I go by how they act. Mine are eating
once a day now except when the water is over 60F, in which case I'll give
them another light feeding around dinnertime. I'll start feeding them twice
a day, every day when the water stays above 60F. There shouldn't be any
leftovers floating around when you walk away from the pond.

They took it rite away. They must be hungry after not eating all winter.
Thank's
Pete

They sure are. Mine are ravenous.
--