Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Newbie Spring Start Up

"Peter Smith" wrote in message
A couple of questions:
The water is up around 57 degrees and I fed them a little bit.
I used the Tetra Pond verity blend.
How many sticks should I feed a 5 inch koi?
How many times a day?
What time is best?

Water in the 50's feed 2-3 times/week once/day.
Water in the 60's feed every day 1-2x/day.
Water in the 70's feed 2-5x/day (this depends on how much you're feeding
each time. I can feed more often because I only feed what they'll eat in
about a minute. If following the 5 minute rule I wouldn't feed more than
2-3 times/day.)
Water above 85*F don't feed. At this temp your filter is not working at
optimum. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~