Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Craftsman lawn tractor....kohler engine..hooked battery backwards!!

Thanks for the input. It's runnin! I cleaned the surface rust off the
magnet on the flywheel and the face of the coil or magneto or whatever
you technically call it.
It did start with a dead battery when I jumped it from the truck.
Continued to run when I took the jumper cables off. So it will run with
even a dead battery.
I was jumping to the starter just cause it was easier for me. I was
kneeling right there anyways while workin on it.
It was getting fuel the entire time.
I thought for sure that I had fried something. I wasn't going to
approach it that way but thought I may as well ask here and get the
quick answer to what would fry if something would
Thanks again!.