Old 11-04-2006, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Gardeners are gardeners

"Phil L" wrote ...

I don't see why people should be able to profit from advice I or anyone
else gives freely on this newsgroup.
gardenbanter, diybanter and all the other 'banters' are set up for less
than a tenner and rake in profits from advertisers, they are parasitic
inthat they don't put anything in but leech off this group and
others....I've nothing against the people who use GB per se, but I tend
not to respond to their queries.
Another point to note is that people find GB, ask one or two questions
then never return, rarely do you find that GB users 'give back' to the
group.

Actually Phil I have been seriously thinking about doing the same.
A couple of recent posts via GB got me thinking that way, still not sure if
they were "wind ups" or not.

--
Regards
Bob