Old 12-04-2006, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Klara

Default A snowfall of black cherry blossoms, redbuds, turkeys and all things in Fairy Holler

In message , madgardener
writes
wow!!! well to make you feel a bit better........Mom's Nature has a
tendency to throw snit fits around here. Last night we had frost
temperatures so that made it a "Redbud Winter", and since the dogwoods
are starting to unfurl, a cold snap will make it a "Dogwood Winter".
after that, the honey Locust trees will be blooming, and a cold snap
will make THAT a "Locust Winter" and last but not least........when the
blackberries in the pastures and along the roadsides and what not are
blooming (around the first part of May unless we have heat waves) and
she throws a cold wave, that will be.......yeppers "Blackberry Winter".
after that, tornado season will be long and well underway, and any cold
spells are subject to whatever we decide to call them LOL

Our cherry and quince winter, then ... :-(((

just so long as we don't have one a wisteria one (well, just a frost),
as we have every year but one for the last 9 or 10....

No big tornadoes though - or, at least, not very often, yet...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin