Old 12-04-2006, 05:05 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Newbie Spring Start Up

"Peter Smith" wrote in message
What brand food do you use?
I usually on feed fish once a day.
I do the same with my aquarium.
Over feeding is something I learned not to do over the years.

Overfeeding is when you feed so much the fish can't eat it all and it
decomposes in the water. Not a good thing to do.

Why do you feed more around 70° ?
I can see not feeding around 85°

Mine get fed even when the water is in the 90s without a problem. Some of
us live in areas of hot summers.

How would I go about feeding my frog?
Or should I let him fend for himself.
Sometimes I find (Herman), my frog on the rim on the outside of the
pond.
Do they have to get out to eat?
I made the rocks on the rim a little higher then last year.
Should I make it lower like last year?

Frogs can take care of their own food needs. :-) Some will even eat your
fish.

I'd say it's about 4 or 5 inches high all around.
He looks exactly like the frog on the left at the top of koi-lo's home
page. What kind of frog is it?

That's a BULLFROG and they eat fish, birds, anything they can cram down
their throats with the help of both front feet.

koi-lo and ~janj , nice webpages!

Thank you.

Thank's
Pete