Old 12-04-2006, 03:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
DaLadyN_Red

Default Unwanted Thorn Vines

Product Used: Roundup® Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer Plus
Concentrate

I have a hill side approximately 20' x 50' filled with thorn vines
approximately 6 to 10 feet tall. I sprayed each vine from top to
bottom with Roundup® Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer Plus Concentrate
yesterday and again this morning. This morning I noticed the vines are
turning dark brown. (I hope that's a promising sign that they are
dying.)

Questions:

-How long will it take for the vines to die completely? I would like to
clear the hill side as soon as possible (definitely before it gets to
hot).
-Will the thorn vines return this year or next year?
-Can I plant a ground cover in the same area. I am considering low
growing drought tolerant --possibly phlox. I am eager to through seeds
in the area next month.

ps. This is a long weekend for yard and garden projects, i.e.,
spraying the vines again or removing the vines from the hill side.