Old 12-04-2006, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Gardeners are gardeners

Janet Baraclough wrote:
snip
Chris Bacon has just alerted me to the fact that despite
gardenbanters promise to conceal posters' email addresses (from their
post headers), in the case of usenet posters it doesn't honour the
promise.
IOW, those here using real email contact addresses are having them
permanently recorded on a commercial website; a valuable commercial
resource to the website and its advertisers.

One way to avoid that is to auto-mark your posts "X-no-archive-yes",
which prevents them appearing at all on gardenbanter. They will appear
on google-groups for seven days only (enabling those who use it as a
usenet access to read and reply).

I had that set up when I had a PC but am unsure as to how to do it with
a Mac. Anyone who knows will be warmly thanked by me if they can
explain it in words of one syllable!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk