Old 12-04-2006, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

Default Gardeners are gardeners

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:28:06 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article . com):

Janet Baraclough wrote:
snip

snip

One way to avoid that is to auto-mark your posts "X-no-archive-yes",
which prevents them appearing at all on gardenbanter. They will appear
on google-groups for seven days only (enabling those who use it as a
usenet access to read and reply).

I had that set up when I had a PC but am unsure as to how to do it with
a Mac. Anyone who knows will be warmly thanked by me if they can
explain it in words of one syllable!

It isn't particularly the Mac versus the PC, it is something you need to set
in your newsreader. Since we use different ones I can't help, but I suggest
you have a rummage in the Preferences or look at the various tools in the
menus. Failing that g there is probably a (sssshhh) web forum for your
particular software, or you could ask on comp.sys.mac.apps - they are pretty
helpful there.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk