Old 12-04-2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Helleborus?

"axeman" wrote in message

How about just buying a ready-grown plant from a reliable
LOCAL nursery? It's not an uncommon plant.

I checked with one. They don't have seedling size, only gallons,
and they want $13 each!

You might want to wait until the end of the season and see if you can get
any on sale. I picked up four last August and paid $10 for the lot. They
have beautiful flowers on them right now. I saw an ad in a local
nursery's flyer last week advertsing Hellebores 1 for $30 or 2 for $50.
Insane pricing!

Good luck finding some. They are worth it if you can get them at a
reasonable price!!

Jacqui

Too bad Home Depot doesn't sell plants like that. You could walk in right
now, ask for the manager, and say "Look...you're gonna start killing all
your nursery stock in about a month, and then try to sell it all really
cheap. Why not just sell me some of those plants now, at the damaged goods
price?" :-)