Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pussy Willow Blooming Conditions?

James wrote:

The catkins on mine seemed to come from the first spring. This year they
began forming in February. Could it be they came and went without your
noticing?

They would have had to come extremely early, been extremely small, and
gone extremely fast for me to miss them--I am out there a lot! I read
that the catkins were male, but somewhere else said this tree has male
and female catkins, different types but both have them, so even if I
got a girl tree it should have still had catkins, right?

Cori