Old 12-04-2006, 06:25 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Blackberries for the Austin area.

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:26:55 GMT, "Mike Harris"
wrote:

Jangchub is modest. Backyard Wildlife Habitat certification is a real TPWD
program and entails quite a bit more than just "not maintaining" it. It can
be some real work in and of itself. Details he

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild...on/best_of_tx/

You are right about that. There are many guidelines and strictly kept
lists of plant material which must be adhered to.

I also have to make sure the animals back there have plenty of food
and water, naturally, in addition to anything I put out for them.

Then there's the brush piles which house the opossum, carolina wrens,
corn snakes, rats, I think in one a cat lives!

I forgot how much this time of year makes me happy. The nest building
going on and any number of critters scooting by makes me smile. I
like very much the tadpoles and the giant frog who swims in our pool
every night. He makes some pretty big doots!

Nature is wonderful.