Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 PM posted to england.rec.gardening,free.uk.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
The Natural Philosopher

Default Greenhouse Heaters - Gas or Electric - Which is best?

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Redrose wrote:
Hello, at the moment I am heating my greenhouse by a 3 kw Electric
heater. but the electric bill is getting rather large!

I am thinking of switching to a Propane Gas heater of 2 - 3 kw, has
anybody any thoughts about this?

what about Paraffin?

My Mum gets 4 gallons each autumn from what's left in the paraffin tank
in our stock room and that does her all winter.

Although her greenhouse is only a small one.

Gas and paraffin also add wter vapour and CO2, which may be good for plants.

Lost cheaper than lectrickery