Old 12-04-2006, 08:56 PM posted to england.rec.gardening,free.uk.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default Greenhouse Heaters - Gas or Electric - Which is best?

BoyPete wrote:
Mike wrote:

"htmark98" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm thinking of running electric to my greenhouse how do you get a
double socket to stick to glass?

You don't. You put an extra bit of wood in, across the glass if
required, but firmly fixed to the firm structure, and fit the socket
to that.

By the mode of question, I guess you are DIY. Are you aware of the
safety implications here? Electricity has no respect for human skin
and life. You are only dead once. Electrics and water do not mix
............. unless you know how and when and the greenhouse is not
one of them

Mike
Marine Electrical Design Engineer (Rtd)

And I beleive current regs/law, is that this should be installed by a
qualified electrician, or checked by one, and a safety cert. issued.
I'm told cost of check and cert is around £80! Take care my friend.

He could do the same as dozens of other people and run an extension lead
down there, it will only be for 3 or 4 weeks at the most, once May gets here
it will be redundant.