Old 13-04-2006, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
cvandyke

Default Phragmipedium Problem

While most of my phrags are growing well, the leaves of some of some of the
new growths and new leaves on some smaller plants have acquired a brownish
yellow sick color. Roots are not bad, but could be better. Some plants
are in S/H and others are in a bark/CHC mix. I am using the Michigan State
fertilizer in RO water, but do alternate with Jack's RO orchid fertilizer.
Multiple fans in the greenhouse keep air circulating, I have shading
(aluminized) now on the greenhouse and keep the temps between 60 and about
75 this time of year. Any comments on what the problem is/could be or a
possible solution? Not all my phrags show this, but I don't want the
problem to spread.

Someone mentioned that I should get a leaf cultured/tested for
Xanthamonous, Fusarium or Anthracnose. Does anyone know where any tests
could be done?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Charles VanDyke