Old 13-04-2006, 01:49 AM posted to rec.ponds
Peter Smith

Default Newbie Spring Start Up

I put up a small little white pickett fence today on the back side of
the pond. It looks cool!

How could obtain lilly pads cheaply?
The place I go too wants to much )
Do lilly pads tolerate salt?
Are their any cheap alternatives, like house plants in pots that can be
submerged to water level?
The problem is when I put floating plants in, they always end up under
the waterfall and keep churning upside down.
I need more plants in and around the outside.

I have a nice potted plant that I got last year.
It's in the house rite now in a 3 gal fish tank with a filter.
It did great all winter, I kept cutting it back.
I've haven't put it back in yet. I'm waiting for the temps. outside to
get a little warmer.
Can anyone tell me the name of it?
The leaves are like Pacasandra ground cover with little yellow mum like
flowers. Or like (melapodem) spelling?
I'll try to post a link to what melapodem looks like.

Thank's
Pete