Old 13-04-2006, 12:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Default Craftsman lawn tractor....kohler engine..hooked battery backwards!!

wrote:

Thanks for the input. It's runnin! I cleaned the surface rust off the
magnet on the flywheel and the face of the coil or magneto or whatever
you technically call it.
It did start with a dead battery when I jumped it from the truck.
Continued to run when I took the jumper cables off. So it will run with
even a dead battery.
I was jumping to the starter just cause it was easier for me. I was
kneeling right there anyways while workin on it.
It was getting fuel the entire time.
I thought for sure that I had fried something. I wasn't going to
approach it that way but thought I may as well ask here and get the
quick answer to what would fry if something would
Thanks again!.

The rust is not what was keeping it from starting.

Glad you got it going.

--
Art