Old 12-04-2006, 10:21 PM posted to alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Altum

Default Lowering ph

Animal wrote:
Thank for the help everybody.I can't believe how fast and helpful everyone
here can be:-).I normal wouldn't try to change the PH but I just lost a 8
year old Raphael cat .So I thought it was the Ph.I haven't added anything
new,no fertilizers,co2 ,fish ,shells ,plants ,ect...
I was doing large water changes but cut them down because I was trying to
raise the nitrates to stop the cyanobactiria like Tom Barr says to do.
I'm going to test the tank in the morning and at night,(when I got the high
reading it was at 9 at night so maybe your right)Then I'll check the tap
water after letting it sit overnight.
Thanks again all.

Is this a planted tank? If so, add KNO3 to raise nitrates. Otherwise
it is not a low nitrate issue, it is a dirty gravel issue.

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com