Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tumbleweed

Default Gardeners are gardeners

"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have no idea how it would work or even if it could work, but IMO, it
would be better if newsgroups could maintain their own archives and
have a sort of 'librarian' moderator who would weed out those that are
clearly libelous or defamatory. But as I say, that may be impossible.

Look at it another way. Once you start moderating, then you potentially
become responsible for whats left, and also for whats been removed or has
not been removed. By leaving it alone, and archiving everything, you dont
have responsibility, since you are just a 'robotic' archiver. I think there
was a very recent court case against google that backed up this POV.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com