Old 13-04-2006, 05:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default help!

"Potty Sarah" wrote
To clear up a misunderstanding that may have come across in my first
post:

I do not hate this, or any other plant, it was just a shock to find out
that this dinky little corm (1.5cm across) may eventually grow into the
largest flower known in the world - and to top it all, it will smell
like a corpse!!! I strongly suspect that it is not a flower spike - on
research I have found that most flowering corms weigh well over 20lb,
often corms a foot in diameter and have been kept in a
glass/greenhouse. They only flower once because of the 'strength' it
takes the plant to produce this massive flower - then it dies. It does,
however, produce more corms before its demise. It produces only one
leaf, which resembles a small tree and has the most facinating pattern
on the stem.

I will post again once I have spare corms and will willingly post some
off to anyone who so wishes one.

Still looking for information of how to care for the leaf.
Thanks for your replies
Potty Sarah

You might ask these people:
http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/conserv...search/titan_a