Old 13-04-2006, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default broken fork

"K" wrote in message
Rupert writes

Stainless steel is not a good metal for garden spades or forks. It looks
pretty and does not rust but that's about it.

It also sheds heavy clay better. I fine this a real advantage.

--
Kay

Yes I have heard that and it's good to receive confirmation of it from you
and your clay :-)
I have noticed that a lot of the stainless spades appear to have a slightly
flatter profile (less dished) than the ordinary equivalents. If my
observations are correct then that would partly account for the extra slip.
As ASDA are doing a very cheap deal on a well known brand I might give
stainless another go.