Old 13-04-2006, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ornata

Default Rhodochiton (Purple Bell Flower)

JennyC wrote:
"MikeCT" wrote in message
After sowing 17 Rhodochiton (Purple Bell Flower) seeds today, I searched on
the internet and found that germination is usually very slow indeed, often
taking more than 40 days! This year I had hoped to grow them to flowering
size in my conservatory and on a trellis in the garden. What are my chances
of success, or should I stick to Morning Glory?

MCT

Can't recall exactly how long they took to germinate last time I grew them, but
they did flower in the same year.........

Lovely things - be patient "~)
Jenny

They're also very easy to overwinter. My tiny plants kept growing
almost the whole time in my unheated greenhouse (okay, so I'm in London
but not in the centre, and we've had lots of hard frosts this year).