Old 13-04-2006, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Taking cuttings

michael adams wrote:
snip
Here's a website about softwood cuttings from hydrangeas. Which are
easy providing you catch the plant when the leaves are just the
right size. Probably just about right now in fact. On the website
she recommends cutting the leaves in half on the potted cuttings.
Which I wouldn't necessarily be happy with. If the leaves are the
right size this shouldn't be necessary in any case.

When my husband takes cuttings from quite large leafed plants, he
*always* chops the leaves in half. It helps prevent water loss. I'm
talking about things like Camellia, Eleagnus, Hydrangea etc.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk