Old 14-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Jim

Default Patio construction (one for Cormaic ?)

Hi

My house is on a hill and the garden slopes from left to right and
from front to back. The back right hand corner is currently a kids
play area with bark laid over a weed control fabric. The area gets
quite soggy/muddy though so I thought I might turn it into a patio
which hopefuly should make better use of the space.

I've looked at Cormaic's excellent site but jsut want to confirm that
I won't need a sub-base. Do I just lay a 40-50mm bed and place the
slabs directly onto this ? Also should I remove all the bark and
fabric first ?

Cheers

Jim