Old 13-04-2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.ponds
Joan

Default Plant shelves

I have a 300 gallon stock tank that I'm keeping as a
quarentine/hospital tank in case my pond fish need it. I'd like to
put some plant shelves in. Is cedar or other regular wood okay, or
might these contain substances that would be toxic to the fish?

Thanks.

Why not just use bricks or cinder blocks? Failing that, upside down
terracotta pots make good plant stands.

-S

Thanks for responding. The problem is, the tank is around 2 feet
deep. I did find a metal plant stand today that I think might work.
It's painted metal, though. I don't know what kind of paint. Do you
think that would be safe for fish?