Old 13-04-2006, 09:49 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Need a mortared border

If you know exactly what you want you may be able to hire a couple
teenagers to dig and level and place the block in. There is a bit
more to it than just putting it there and it will retain, so do read
up.

You can call The Natural Gardener or Barton Springs Nursery and they
may have landscapers they work with who they can recommend. I am
actually facing the same situation in the back of my house. There is
five feet of foundation just out there! It's amazing what a simple 8
degree slope can do.

If you do find someone you liked please do recommend them. I may hire
them after you..

On 13 Apr 2006 07:55:04 -0700, "Richard"
wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm about to embark on a completely new landscape for my yard but need
to put in a mortared border or retaining wall to account for about an
18 - 24 inch slope. I was thinking of using something along the lines
of limestone block as the border. I'd like to hire someone to come out
& put it in for me but really don't know where to go. The distance
will only be about 50 linear feet and will be about 18" at its tallest
point. I checked Kevin Wood landscapes but they currently have a
$5,000 minimum. Anyone else you guys would recommend?

Thanks so much!

rj