Old 14-04-2006, 12:23 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default When North Moves South...

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:52:05 GMT, "Cindy" wrote:

Jangchub typed:

[snip]

It's so important to be careful how and what we plant in the
landscape. I've made many mistakes, that's for sure.

I have a question; I may have asked before, but if I wrote a book
for northerners who move to Central Texas, do you think it would be
helpful to enough people?

That's a WONderful idea! Can you include SE TX too?
Cindy

I could include SE TX also, but I don't have experience gardening in
that region. A lot of the terrain is completely different based on
the corridor within regions.

In the Austin area we embrace four of ten regions in TX. There are
species which only live in the corridor, some only live on the east or
west side, and some which can traverse between all of them.

If you are more intrested in this stuff, taking the Master Naturalist
classes from Texas Parks, and Kelly Bender (or at least she was) the
biologist who ran the program. It's amazing how much we don't know!

Victoria