Old 14-04-2006, 03:35 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Blanket weed in stream

I have recently moved and have inherited a pond. It was very murky but I
have installed a filter and it's gradually clearing and can now see the
fish. However the stream running into it has now got a lot of blanketweed
(?) growing on the pebbles and on the rocks at the side, is it a case of
removing it by hand or is there anything else I can do?
Kathy

Remove by hand, that string algae is taking nutrients out of the water,
once the filter and pond balance out, I predict it will become less & less.
Now if this is fuzz algae, only 2-3 inches in length, that's the good
stuff, you do not want to remove it. ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a