Old 14-04-2006, 01:15 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Default Frogs.... and noise

~ janj wrote:
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:50:48 -0500, "Koi-Lo" wrote:

My desk is by an open window. The pond is no more than 15' from this
window. Noisy frogs? I'm glad this isn't my bedroom window. As much as I
like to hear them they can "get to me" after a few hours. Two of them out
there are quite loud and almost sound like screaming women.

The ones here sound very much like crickets in slow-motion, they can be
loud. My frog-hating neighbors have complained enough times now, that I go
out each night and catch as many as I can. 7 tonight, 26 total.
Unfortunately this year it isn't making much of a dent. Tonight I thought I
had them all, and was surprised 30 minutes later to hear more frogs, almost
as loud.

And what will this come down to? Well, if the city gets involved I could
have to fill in my pond. So I'm planning to put the goldfish back in the
pond this weekend. I'll remove some eggs, to grow else where, but it looks
like I'll need to stop this hobby until these freak-of-nature neighbors (or
myself) move..... ~ jan

It would be a shame if it came to you having to fill in the
pond(s)....are you sure someone isn't adding them back in? Do you get on
OK with this neighbour in general? Maybe it would be worth a chat...