Old 14-04-2006, 03:30 AM posted to austin.gardening
Gary Brady

Default Need a mortared border

Richard wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm about to embark on a completely new landscape for my yard but need
to put in a mortared border or retaining wall to account for about an
18 - 24 inch slope. I was thinking of using something along the lines
of limestone block as the border. I'd like to hire someone to come out
& put it in for me but really don't know where to go. The distance
will only be about 50 linear feet and will be about 18" at its tallest
point. I checked Kevin Wood landscapes but they currently have a
$5,000 minimum. Anyone else you guys would recommend?

Thanks so much!

rj

I believe what you need is a rock mason. Look in the Greensheet or
Thrify Nickel service ads. Or you can try Israel Alvarez (284-5390).

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX