Old 14-04-2006, 06:12 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default Need a mortared border

You can probably do it yourself.
Start with digging out a gulley to pour a 12"-6"WX4"H concrete strip to lay
the rock and mortar on. 3/8" rebar in it is adequate. Width depends on the
limestone width base.
Easier if the base is straight, rather than go hither and yon to vary with
the incline.
Lot of the hill country is limestone. Some nice folk may give you the raw
materail free of charge. You dig it up.
--
Jonny
"Richard" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

I'm about to embark on a completely new landscape for my yard but need
to put in a mortared border or retaining wall to account for about an
18 - 24 inch slope. I was thinking of using something along the lines
of limestone block as the border. I'd like to hire someone to come out
& put it in for me but really don't know where to go. The distance
will only be about 50 linear feet and will be about 18" at its tallest
point. I checked Kevin Wood landscapes but they currently have a
$5,000 minimum. Anyone else you guys would recommend?

Thanks so much!

rj