Old 14-04-2006, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Problems with garden drainage

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Wallace wrote:
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to improve the drainage? I don't
want any expensive solutions involving digging it up and putting in

complex
drainage pipes.

Raise the level. You can do this gradually, by applying a top dressing
(cricket wicket dressing, for instance).

I was thinking of maybe a slope with the highest point at the wetest end. I
had similar problems with the shade from a garage, a boggy area and moss. I
built the area up and put a slope on it. Not perfect but a lot better. I
can't solve the shade problem however the grass cover is better.

rob