Old 14-04-2006, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Bare rooted plants from America

"mouldy man" wrote in message

Interesting, do you have any links to the DEFRA site, as I have been
trying to imort some tree's.

But all the nurserys I have contacted refuse to supply, either potted
or bare rooted.

It was my understanding that its not only the soil borne pests etc,
its those that could be infesting the tree (hiding in the bark) etc,
that why restrictions were imposed.

You could make a start he

http://www.defra.gov.uk/planth/impexp.htm

Apparently a lot can depend on species. Certain species maybe
elm because of elm bark beetle (obvious example/guess) are banned
altogether especially from countries where the problem is known
to exist.

michael adams