Old 14-04-2006, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Gardeners are gardeners

Chris Bacon wrote:
michael adams wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
This [xna=y], to me, is an unfortunate thing to do. Google, and
others, are a massive and useful resource.

Only for those who are in search of arcane information that's
not readily available from any other source. Books or the
internet.

It's several times easier and quicker finding info. from
searching Usenet than looking things up in books, even
if you think you've got the right book (somewhere!).

That's not to say that books aren't useful.

Interesting: I've met this before. I wonder if it's as much a
psychological difference as a practical one, since I'm a bookworm by
nature and find books vastly quicker. I do enjoy doing web searches, and
discussing things with people on line, but printed dead trees are my
instinctive first choice. I'm also more inclined to _believe_ what I
read in a reference book

--
Mike.