Old 14-04-2006, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Gardeners are gardeners

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
michael adams wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
This [xna=y], to me, is an unfortunate thing to do. Google, and
others, are a massive and useful resource.

Only for those who are in search of arcane information that's
not readily available from any other source. Books or the
internet.

It's several times easier and quicker finding info. from
searching Usenet than looking things up in books, even
if you think you've got the right book (somewhere!).

That's not to say that books aren't useful.

Too true Chris. I have almost stopped buying reference books about anything. The
web is so much handier.

Of course books are nice but if you just want one tiny bit of info the web is
far better,

Jenny