Old 14-04-2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mister Gardener

Default Frogs.... and noise

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:25:18 -0500, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

wrote in message
you need a barrier of some kind to keep em out of the pond in spring.
Ingrid

=====================
A fine bird net would work but Jan doesn't want to net her pond.

In very recent years, I have noticed in the terrestrial gardening
literature a caution about using netting over garden beds, concern
over birds becoming entangled, I think. In some of the garden catalogs
I am beginning to read descriptions of "bird safe" netting. Bird
proofing my strawberries with bird safe netting sounds almost like an
oxymoron to me. I can understand the concern, what little I know of
it. Is there any mention of this kind of thinking in the pond
literature?

-- Mister Gardener

Everything Aquaria & Tropical Fish at The Krib:
http://www.thekrib.com/
For Killfile FAQs visit
http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm