Old 14-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Cam

Default Hello Group

BenignVanilla,....LOL.....Nice nik!

Thanks for your advice. My next "noobie" question to you is: What on earth
is EPDM?
Sheesh its going to be long winter for me!!!! )

Over & Out

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
"Cam" wrote in message
Complete newbie here. Glad I found this group

I am a fish freak...into Freshwater aquariums mostly (Malawi's). Until

now,
that is a couple of weeks ago when we moved into our new place WITH A
GARDEN.....yahooooo. Our garden is pretty small but I have always wanted

pond. Can someone please point me to a website or some place of interest

a person who is "setting up" for the first time.

Would it be better to buy a fibreglass pond and just plant into the

ground
or is it better to go the full blown plastering/wire mesh route. Pro's

Cons?

Any pointers on where to start would be most appreciated. TIA

Cam,

Welcome to the "Hotel California" of hobbies. You have just checked in. I
too am a newbie, having checked in only last September. My pond is but a
muddy hole right now.

My best suggestions for learning ponding:

1. Post every question you have here, no matter how newbie you think it
might be. Everyone here is happy to respond, and I have personally seen

the
same questions asked/answered over and over again, nary the flame.
2. Read a lot of posts. Most every ponder has a web site about his/her

pond.
You can learn more from their sites, IMHO, then any book, because they are
DOING.

As for you pond liner...I am going with EPDM for mine, easier to work with
then all other materials.

BV.