Old 14-04-2006, 09:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
malaklemys

Default Ducks

I bought a beautiful pair of Mandarin ducks last November and so far so
good. They don't stray to far from the ponds because of my two 10
month old labs and the labs don't go too close to the ponds anymore
because of the invisible fence around the ponds. The yard is fenced in
so ocassionally the ducks may wander into the grass while keeping an
eye out for any interested puppies. My only worry is to find one of
the ducks missing or finding scattered feathers in the yard from a
visit from an Owl at night or a hawk in the day. But like I said so
far so good. Although there is a little bit more algae build up this
spring over last, I guess from added duck droppings.