Old 15-04-2006, 08:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Snooze

Default How to water rose bushes in planters?

"Mama Bear" wrote in message
I'm in the Denver area and have some big planter boxes made of old
highway guard rails. I have rose bushes in them and some lavender
and bulbs.

The problem is how to water them all.

The roses shouldn't get leaf watered, right? So drip emiters on
them? But the other stuff needs to be sprayed and soaked good, like
with spray heads.

They make a drip head in almost every imaginable pattern, in addition to the
traditional drippers. A little bit of imagination and preplanning can get
everything watered properly.

Around some of my roses i connect a soaker hose to a T shaped fitting, loop
it around the rose, connect both ends to the T. Some of them I use stream
spray such as these
http://www.raindrip.com/products/pro...il.asp?pid=304
Very little gets on the leaves.

Spend a bit of time at home depot or lowes and browse through all their drip
irrigation emitters. Near the lavender and bulbs, I'd use something like
this.
http://www.raindrip.com/products/pro...il.asp?pid=204

Also check out www.rainbird.com and www.toro.com

Good luck.