Old 14-03-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

Default Identify bugs

They could be carpenter ants or termites, yes as far north as you are.

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:47:40 GMT, Beth Pierce
wrote:

I live in an old 1900's farmhouse and lately I've been
noticing flying bugs inside. I can easily identify the
usual "attic fly" and the box elder, but this latest one has
me stumped. It looks similar to an ant, but a much narrower
body and doesn't have the hourglass shape that ants have.
It does have wings and is black. I feel they may be
termites, but my husband doesn't believe they are as 1)
"termites fly in groups" and 2) "there are no termites in
Pennsylvania as it's too cold". Can anyone help me?