Old 15-04-2006, 01:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
- Tom -

Default frogs

Mack wrote in message ...
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 02:07:58 GMT, "- Tom -"
wrote:

"Bluto" wrote in message
neighbor's got an old unuseable pool with water in it.the freaking frogs
croake day and night.anyone know how to get rid of them,dead or
alive.thanks

chlorine plus ammonia. just toss them in separately.

Separately for sure. This combination will release chlorine gas I
believe, which is just as toxic to humans as the frogs.

Ecologists claim that amphibians are barometers of the health of the
ecology in general because of their sensitivity to environmental chemical
pollution. I'd bet that a frog's LD50 is quite a bit lower than a human's.
But your point is, I think, that after all the LD50 BS is over, g, both
species are just as dead.
BTW, the chlorine gas trick is very effective in groundhog holes, too.
It got rid of the one under my mom's elevated shed near a field of soybeans.

Tom