Old 15-04-2006, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bof

Default watering high plants

In message , Stan The Man
writes
In article , bof
wrote:

In past years I've always had a large box of plants above the front
porch that I water using a 3m pipe connected to a hose. As we have a
hose pipe ban this year that won't be possible. Any suggestions on a
legal way to water the flower box, don't really fancy getting a ladder
out twice a day, and the location's not accessible from a window.

Use a pressure sprayer with a long lance and adjustable nozzle -- but
wash it thoroughly if you previously zapped weeds or bugs with it.

If you need a longer lance look at the Hozelock Hanging Basket Lance -
£5 at http://www.garden4less.co.uk/hozeloc...y-sprayers.asp -
and if you want to make watering even more confortable, go for a
backpack sprayer such as this:
http://www.charliesstoresltd.co.uk/p...etails.asp?Pro
ductID=592

Thanks that's the sort of thing, I was looking for, I either missed
them, or they don't stock them at the local garden centre.

Remember that under a hosepipe ban it's perfectly legal to fill your
sprayer (or any other container) with your hosepipe.

Quite. Utterly stupid isn't it?

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk