Old 15-04-2006, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Emery Davis

Default watering question

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:49:49 -0500
kate wrote:

Emery Davis wrote:

[]100 litres every 8 days or so.

Assuming you mean A. rubrum they're fond of a drink.

Apparently so - wow! I'm going to have some muscles. How long should I
keep this up? I planted the tree 5 years ago and probably watered it
some it's first year but never have since but I'm willing to go the
distance to make sure it survives.

Just this year, once it has a winter under it's belt it'll be
fine on its own. I assumed from your post it was a spring
move, not from the fall.

In any case if you've got a wet spot or get a little rain
you can let off a bit. Otherwise, that's why God created
tractors! Good luck with it, a nice tree.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom