Old 15-04-2006, 11:42 PM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage

Default citrus trees losing leaves

"matt_y39" writes:
Yeah hi i wonder if any one could help me my citrus trees (lemon &lime)
have some fruit but lots of bare branches i've sprayed the leaves with
insecticide and water regularly but it doesn't seem to be improving.

Have you been feeding it with citrus fertiliser and manure 3 to 4 times
each year? Did it start to drop leaves after you sprayed it? Perhaps
you cultivated or disturbed the soil under the leaf drip zone?

Did you let it dry out on some hot day? Citrus roots are very shallow and
can dry out in just a couple of days. Is there grass growing up to its
trunk? Does it get direct sunlight for most hours of the day?

If it is whole branches becoming denuded of leaves, check for collar
rot around the base of the trunk or borer in the dying branches.